Business Angels Fund II
Business angels fund II invests into innovative and export oriented companies in Lithuania.
The Fund will invest only together and on equal basis with Business Angel. The Fund’s and Business Angel’s overall goal is to invest and earn a return.
Business Angel is a company or private individual that is ready to invest his funds into the selected target and to share personal business experience with management of the company.
The Fund and Business Angel will participate in business development together with other shareholders and founders of the company. Fund managers seek to work closely with business owners, consultants and executives with successful business experience.
The Fund and Business Angel will acquire new shares issue or (and) new issue of convertible bonds. A portion of previously issued shares from current owners can also be redeemed. The Fund and Business Angel will exit their stake together with founders to strategic or financial investor or to founders of the company.
Fund is partially funded by the European Regional Development Fund for the period of 2014-2020 years, which is managed by UAB „INVESTICIJŲ IR VERSLO GARANTIJOS“. www.invega.lt
MAIN DATA ABOUT THE FUND
- Size – EUR 10.49 mio
- Investment period – till December 31st, 2023.
- Investment area – Lithuania
- Investment size – from EUR 50 000 up to EUR 600 000 per company. In addition at least the same investment is made by business angel (s) and / or business owners.
- Investment targets – small and medium-sized companies with sales orientated to EU and other markets. Companies age – from 1.5 years. At the time of attracting investment, the company should generate revenue.
- Use of investment – for the acquisition of technologies, equipment, development, implementation of new projects, partial financing of working capital.
- Investment principle – the Fund invests in equal proportion together with Business Angel, i.e. the Fund invests 50% (including 2.5% invested by Fund Manager) and Business Angel invests 50% of total investment amount. After acquisition of shares all shareholders sign the Shareholders Agreement disclosing general principles on management, formation of strategic plan, profit sharing and other issues that are essential to shareholders. Investment is made by the acquisition of a new share issue or (and) convertible bonds issue. A portion of previously issued shares from current owners can also be redeemed. The Fund and Business Angel together would acquire up to 50% of control. The specific size of the stake depends on the value of the company and the agreement with the existing owners.
- Investment amount of Business Angel is from EUR 50 000 up to EUR 600 000 per company. Business Angel also is expected to dedicate one day per week to work together with management of the company.